SRNET President and CEO
Position Description (Click here to download the job description)
The Saskatchewan Research Network Inc. (SRNET) is a member-driven and member-funded, not-for-profit organization that provides advanced information technology and collaborative leadership to
support education, research and innovation in Saskatchewan. SRNET is Saskatchewan’s partner in Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). SRNET seeks to contract an individual to fulfil the role of President and CEO. Reporting to the Board Chair, the President and CEO is accountable for all aspects of the operation of SRNET for the benefit of its members. In managing the day to day activities of SRNET you will work closely with the Executive Council, a subset of the Board, along with employees of member organizations and consultants as appropriate. SRNET does not, at present, employ staff directly. As the senior representative of SRNET your primary functions will include:
2. the development and presentation for Board approval of a multi-year strategic plan;
3. the preparation of annual and multi-year operating and capital budgets for Board
consideration, and monitoring the organizations financial performance;
4. the design, construction operation, and maintenance of SRNET’s network and services;
5. the development and management of proposals to CANARIE programs for funding SRNET
infrastructure and operations;
6. active participation on NRENGC working groups. As President you will be responsible for the relationships and coordination among a diverse membership, other regional network organizations, and our national NREN partner CANARIE.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced visionary leader with a minimum of 15 years of progressively increasing responsibility, including a minimum of 5 years leading in a complex multi-stakeholder environment, with similar experience managing and negotiating with vendors. You must possess a full understanding of businesses and their needs and how those needs relate to technology, specifically as it applies to research and education networking. You will also possess a University degree in a related discipline (STEM fields, Business Administration/Commerce, etc.). An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered. The majority of the work of this position is located in Regina and Saskatoon with regular travel around
the province to meet with members or potential member organizations. There may be occasional travel outside of Saskatchewan.
To be successful in this role you must have:
1. A working knowledge of education and/or research organizations including challenges and priorities;
2. Demonstrated ability to foster and work within a collaborative decision making culture, with an ability to build consensus and act upon it;
3. Broad knowledge of data networks and how they are leveraged for business success;
4. Previous experience developing a strategic plan and executing against it;
5. Superior verbal and written communications skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of an organization;
6. Previous experience developing and managing budgets, including appropriate financial controls;
7. Strong presentation skills;
8. Experience with organizational change management;
9. An ability to work independently.
In addition, it would be an asset to have:
1. Experience working with and managing a Board of Directors;
2. Previous experience with a small non-profit organization;
3. Previous experience with research and education networking.
Interested individuals should provide a resume and cover letter to SRNET_CEO_COMP@saskpolytech.ca by Feb 27, 2019.